Sunday, September 16, 2012

Washi tape Halloween decorations



 
Washi tape, oh Washi tape, how I love you! I only recently started my obsessive collecting of every beautiful design I can find. And I find more and more wonderful, fun, silly things to do with you. Like these banners for example. So quick to put together but they add such a happy silliness to my little vignette of holiday decorations. And all the poor naked tea lights I have displayed over the years. Well, no more. I saw this pin on Pinterest and new right away that my tea lights would be darling and decorated for the rest of my life. Because I am certain I have enough Washi tape in my stash to cover every tea light that I display and light for the remainder of my days.

Above I used black and white bakers twine from CTMH as the base for my banner. Their bakers twine is thicker than some others I have tried. I sometimes have a hard time threading a button with it, but it's very thick and sturdy for making banners. I also wrapped Washi tape around used and cleaned up Party Light glass candle holders. I then filled it 2/3rd's of the way with Epsom salt and wrapped a tea light with coordinating Washi tape and set it inside the glass on top of the salts. Easy. And I can strip it off and change it with the holidays, too.  




Here is my beloved family heirloom china hutch all decorated for Halloween. I know its early but the Pinspirations have been flowing and I just can't seem to help myself. Plus there might be just a touch of wishful thinking too. If I start decorating for fall it will start feeling like fall, right? I mean Starbuck's has the pumpkin spice flavors and cranberry orange scones back on the menu so that has to mean fall. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...